Want to create your very own web site? It’s easy with Joomla and Evohosting!
All of our hosting plans come with Installatron, the premiere auto-installer plugin for cPanel, allowing you to install up to 60 FREE scripts quickly and easily! This week, we’ll be highlighting one of these free scripts, Joomla, a content management system (CMS) for publishing content on the internet and intranets.
Joomla makes setting up, running, and maintaining a web site quick and easy! It allows you to create a web site by combining various modules, so you don’t need web design or script programming knowledge to build a complex and attractive web site. You just create the content using Joomla’s WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor for articles and different modules (such as banners, polls, and RSS feeds), and then determine where you want each article and module to be displayed on your site.
Some of the features offered by Joomla include:
- You can create content using a WYSIWYG editor, so you don’t need to have web design or programming knowledge to combine text and images in an attractive manner. Joomla uses a simple three-tiered system of articles which makes organizing your content quick and easy. Joomla also allows your users to rate articles, email them to friends, or save them as PDFs.
- Allows you to create as many menus and menu items as you want. You can also structure your menu hierarchy any way you choose (it can even be completely different from the structure of your web site’s content). Joomla allows you to display a single menu in multiple places and in pretty much any navigation style you want (such as rollovers, flyouts, and dropdowns).
- There are nine user groups with various types of permissions, so different users can be restricted from accessing, editing, publishing, and administrating different content and data. It’s easy to add new users, edit the access or details of existing users, or delete users entirely.
- This tool allows you to house all of your media files (such as audio, video, images, etc.) and folders in a central location, and you can configure the MIME type settings to handle any type of file. The Media Manager makes it easy to insert media files into your web pages at any time.
- Joomla supports UTF-8 encoding and several world languages, so you can have your administrator panel in one language and your actual web site in another.
- Allows you to create and manage banner campaigns for your web site by creating client profiles, uploading banners, setting the number of impressions, and entering client URLs.
- Lets you find out what your customers and visitors think about your web site, a new product, or a recent blog post by creating polls and surveys.
- Allows your users to view your web site’s most popular search terms, and it provides you with statistics related to what your visitors are searching for on your site.
- Templates are an excellent way to change or customize your web site’s appearance. Joomla allows you to use one template for your entire web site or a different template for each page of your web site. You can also override aspects of your templates, allowing you to customize every part of each page.
There are tons of cool Joomla templates available on the internet at a wide ride range of prices. If you’re creating multiple sites, then you may want to consider joining a Joomla template club. A template club allows to you to download as many templates as you want for one flat fee — if you’re designing several web sites, then joining a template club can save you a lot of money. Check out the links below for a few sites that offer Joomla templates:
Arguably the best part about Joomla is that new extensions are released regularly, and they can help you manage everything from access and security to content and news. Click on the link below for a list of available Joomla extensions:
Still not sure exactly how it works? Then check out the link below for a demo of Joomla:
Pretty cool, right? Plus, it’s very easy to install with Installatron, Evohosting’s auto-installer plugin for cPanel. Just follow these simple steps:
- Login to your control panel
- Type Installatron in the find box (or scroll down to the Software/Services section near the bottom of the page), and click Installatron Script Installer
- Choose “new install” in your control panel, select Joomla (located under Content Management Systems), and click “install Joomla”
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click “continue”
- Configure your settings and click “continue”
- Click “continue” again, login using the password you just set up (admin as username), and that’s it! You’ve just installed Joomla!
So, are you ready to start using Joomla right now?
- Just choose your hosting plan
- Install Joomla in just a few clicks
- Find a cool template
- Start creating your web site today!